The main objective of Allopurinol is to prevent gout. This is achieved by reducing the levels of uric acid in the body, which happens after the use of some of the cancer medications, as well as from natural dysfunction. Allopurinol will also reduce the risk of forming kidney stones, as the main reason for their appearance is the elevated levels of uric acid in the body. Be aware that Allopurinol by itself will not treat the symptoms of gout; it will only prevent them from happening. It can sometimes be prescribed along with other medications as a precaution. Alternative uses of Allopurinol include: treatment of seizures and certain conditions that cause them; relief from pain caused by pancreas disease; use as an additional safeguard measure after undergoing bypass surgery.
One of the greatest advantages of Allopurinol is that it can be safely used in patients who have poor kidney function. Since Allopurinol is not a uricosuric, it can even help patients with chronic kidney disease. By decreasing C-reactive protein and slowing down the progression of renal disease, Allopurinol effectively reduces cardiovascular and hospitalization risk for those patients.
There is one important aspect when using Allopurinol – the treatment must be carried out for its full duration, as the whole spectrum of positive effects will surface only after several months have passed. Even if you feel fine, you should continue taking Allopurinol. To ensure that you have enough medication to last for the whole treatment period, when you buy Allopurinol online no prescription, buy it in bulk. That way, you can also get a decent discount.
Generally, before you start using Allopurinol, it is strongly advised that you contact your health care provider first to ensure that the treatment is suitable for you. Allopurinol is considered a moderately safe drug, meaning if the treatment should be effective, most patients will handle the drug well, without causing any adverse reactions. To be safe, take a note of the following advice regarding Allopurinol treatment:
1. Tell your doctor everything you are aware of concerning your health status:
- Medications you are currently using – prescriptional, herbal, OTC or any other. Making the list as detailed as possible will ensure no dangerous drug interaction will occur.
- Diseases you might have or had, as well as any type of organ dysfunction – make special notice if you had kidney or liver disease, congestive heart failure or diabetes;
- If you have a surgery or major operation scheduled – Allopurinol might interfere with it.
2. Just as any other medication, Allopurinol may cause certain side effects when used. Usually, these side effects are minor and tend to pass quickly, but if they don’t – do not hesitate to call your doctor and ask for instructions.
Minor Allopurinol side effects:
- Stomach upset, nausea, or diarrhea;
- Mild muscle pain.
If you are experiencing any of the more serious Allopurinol side effects, seek immediate medical attention:
- Urinal bleeding or pain when urinating;
- Skin rash, blisters, redness or pealing of the skin;
- Jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes), dark brown urine;
- Unusual bleeding (nasal, oral, vaginal or rectal), apparent bruising.
Allopurinol can cause allergic reactions – if you suspect a possible reaction is occuring, such as a sudden development of skin rash or swelling, stop taking the medication and call your doctor at once.
3. When taking Allopurinol, it is important to follow the recommended dosing schedule. The most common dosing in most conditions is 200 to 300mg daily. If you were instructed to take Allopurinol in other quantities – do that. The dosing might vary a lot depending on your condition, both medical and personal. Be sure to pick the pills with the right dosage when you buy Allopurinol no prescription online.